-->
NvvM3VTbwpzigPHELV4G6VnnD8ItR51ukFuPpz44
MINI KING CAKES FOR MARDI GRAS!

Iklan Billboard 970x250

Iklan 728x90

MINI KING CAKES FOR MARDI GRAS!

One of the best things about living on the Gulf (besides cheaper gas and white sand) has definitely got to be Mardi Gras!

When people think Mardi Gras, they usually think New Orleans. But Mardi Gras in the United States actually started in Mobile, Alabama. Lucky for me, one of my best friends, Erin, lives in Mobile, which is only about an hour away from us! Mardi Gras celebrations run for weeks, and this past weekend we kicked off the festivities with a parade in Mobile. Erin and Mike invited us over for some appetizers and cocktails before the parade.


MINI KING CAKE COOKIES
for the cookies:

  • ¾ cup margarine
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 3 ½ cups sifted flour
  • 5 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 tsp almond extract
  • 4 eggs

for the frosting:

  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp flour
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 4ish tbsp milk

Instruction :

  • First, I gathered all my ingredients, and preheated the oven to 375 degrees.
  • You’ll need to mix all of the cookie ingredients, but a few things first. You’ll need to sift the flour. Our sifter is another once-a-year-use apparatus that wasn’t unpacked in our move. So I used a colander and it worked just fine.
  • Put the margarine in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it until just melted. Yum, fake butter. Speaking of which, Laura told me these cookies come out weird if you use butter, so follow the recipe and use margarine, even if you think it’s gross (like I do).
  • Now you can add everything to a large mixing bowl.
  • And go to town mixing. My mixer flung dough all over my kitchen so… be careful. Unless you have a Kaiser dog to clean it all up. Then you’re set.
  • Now roll the dough into balls and put them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. The original Christmas cookie recipe calls for 1/2 tsp dough balls, but I wanted mine to look a little more like cakes than balls, so mine were about 1 tbsp. Bake for about 10 mins. Keep a good eye on them though. I did 3 batches. The first and third batches were perfect at 10 mins, but the second batch was a little burnt on the bottom. I know, it makes no sense.
  • Feel free to sample a couple at this point.
  • Now for the babies. A traditional king cake has a little baby, bean, or other trinket hidden inside it. Whoever gets the piece with the baby is king for the day and/or gets to make/buy the next king cake. I found some babies at a craft store, where I also found my green, yellow and purple sugar sprinkles.
  • Read more please visit : jessfuel.com
Related Posts
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Iklan Tengah Post