-->
NvvM3VTbwpzigPHELV4G6VnnD8ItR51ukFuPpz44
Vegan Samoa Bars

Iklan Billboard 970x250

Iklan 728x90

Vegan Samoa Bars

It’s about time I got this post to you. I’ve been meaning to post something earlier in the week, but words weren’t coming to me. Then I wasn’t happy with the pictures for this recipe I wanted to share so I had to remake them, which was totally okay with me because I’m happy to have them in my life, and reshoot them. Iit took longer than expected, but here we are.

The girl guide cookies I used to get when I was a kid sucked. They were cookie sandwiches that came in chocolate or vanilla – boooooring. Every couple years we’d get Thin Mints and I loved those with all my heart. But we never got Samoas or Tagalongs, which honestly I probably wouldn’t have liked as a child, but now I’m obsessed with the idea of them. Especially samoas.


So I made them into delicious little samoa bars. Sometimes I feel like I need to remind you that what I’m posting is vegan and made from wholesome ingredients even though all my recipes are. These are a bit more on the decadent side, but still full of good-for-you ingredients!

It begins with a layer of my favourite shortbread, which is buttery and crumbly. Then there’s a thick layer of sweet gooey date caramel mixed with a heap of toasted coconut. They are finished a drizzle (or complete coverage) of dark chocolate. It’s kind of a healthier candy bar. They make a perfect afternoon pick me up or dessert. Orrrr on top of banana ice cream for breakfast.

INGREDIENTS
For the crust:

  • ¼ cup almond flour
  • ½ cup spelt flour
  • 3 tbsp baking stevia
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tbsp applesauce
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract

For the coconut caramel:

  • ½ cup medjool dates (soak if they are not gooey)
  • 3 tbsp almond milk
  • ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 2-3 tbsp dark chocolate chips*
  • 1 tsp coconut oil

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 350F.
  • In a medium sized bowl mix together the almond flour, spelt flour, and stevia breaking up any clumps. Stir in the melted coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla until the dough comes together.
  • Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the tray and form it into one rectangle about a ¼ inch thick.
  • With a knife score the dough into 8 bars, but don't cut all the way through.
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
  • While it is baking, make the caramel by blending the dates and almond milk in a food processor until smooth.
  • Toast the coconut by spreading it on a baking tray and bake for 10~ minutes watching carefully.
  • Stir the coconut into the caramel.
  • Read more please visit : www.lovemefeedme.net
Related Posts
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Iklan Tengah Post