-->
NvvM3VTbwpzigPHELV4G6VnnD8ItR51ukFuPpz44
Chocolate Sugar Cookies (and How to Marble Royal Icing)

Iklan Billboard 970x250

Iklan 728x90

Chocolate Sugar Cookies (and How to Marble Royal Icing)

Have you ever tried a chocolate sugar cookie?  Up until last week, I had not.  Holy cow, have I been missing out.  They are wonderful…they hold their shape while baking, but are still nice and soft when you take a bite.  And so chocolatey, the whole house ended up smelling like chocolate the day I baked these.  It was heavenly.  Normally I am quite restrained around all the baked goods I make, but I could not keep my hands off of these and neither could Ben.  I will warn you now that the batch of dough is on the small side.  Of course the yield depends on the size and shape of the cookie cutter you use, but I am almost certain I will double the batch from now on.  It’s always better to have too many chocolate cookies than not enough, right?  ;)

These little square cookies reminded me of postage stamps, so I decorated them like that.  And I made them 25¢ – a nicer number than what stamps actually cost these days.


Ingredients:

  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 6 tbsp. (3 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ tsp. vanilla extract


Directions:

  • In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; whisk to blend and set aside.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar.  Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.  Blend in the egg and vanilla.  With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated and no streaks remain.  Form the dough into a disc, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.
  • Read more please visit : everydayannie.com
Related Posts
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Iklan Tengah Post